Your smile is one of the first things others notice, so, understandably, you want to feel confident in how your teeth look. Teeth that are broken or missing, discolored, crooked, or unevenly spaced, or appear too small for your mouth might make you feel self-conscious. A smile makeover may be an excellent option for addressing any concerns you may have.
At Dr. Q Dental, Dr. Q and her team take the time to ask what you like about your smile and what you wish you could change. We consider these factors when creating a customized smile makeover to align with your unique needs and goals. The result can be a functional, aesthetically pleasing smile that enhances your natural beauty.
What is a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover transforms your existing smile by correcting any dental issues and combining two or more dental procedures to provide comprehensive care. Dental implants can be a sustainable tooth replacement option if you are concerned about broken teeth or cavities. Teeth whitening and veneers can address discoloration, while bridges can offer a non-invasive approach to replacing one or two missing teeth. Dr. Q Dental in Monrovia provides many options to create your dream smile.
Smile Makeover Benefits
Improving how your teeth look and function can give you a boost of confidence and a beautiful smile. Other benefits of a smile makeover include:
- Dental implants can restore missing or damaged teeth for a complete smile.
- Replacing decaying teeth can maintain the health of adjacent teeth and correct discoloration.
- Implants, veneers, or tooth whitening can help you achieve a brighter smile.
- Combining procedures can create more immediate results and balanced aesthetics.
- Straightening crooked teeth, restoring gums, and addressing other issues can improve oral health.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Smile Makeover?
The great thing about a smile makeover is that virtually anyone can benefit. Most people have at least one aspect of their smile that they wish they could change. The process is incredibly flexible and tailored to your specific needs. In general, you are a good candidate if:
- You are unhappy with the way your smile currently looks.
- You smile with closed lips to hide your teeth.
- Your teeth are discolored or stained from foods, beverages, or aging.
- You avoid eating certain foods due to damaged or missing teeth.
- You are ready to transform your smile into something that makes you feel good.
Meet Dr. Q Dental
At Dr. Q Dental, we treat you like family and make your concerns and goals a top priority. Whether you are getting a smile makeover or any other procedure, we listen to what you want, ask about what you like and dislike, answer any questions you may have, and create a personalized dental experience. With a multispecialty team all in one convenient location, we provide comprehensive care to help you achieve and maintain a smile you love for years to come.
What Procedures are Part of a Smile Makeover?
At Dr. Q Dental in Monrovia, we tailor your smile makeover to your specific needs and choose procedures that complement one another to maximize your results.
Dental implants are a durable, natural-looking tooth replacement option. An oral surgeon can place an implant to restore a tooth that is missing, broken, or severely decayed, leaving you with a new tooth that is strong and functional. They are treated just like natural teeth, which makes cleaning fast and easy. Dr. Q works closely with a local oral surgeon to create a custom dental implant treatment for you.
Crowns can cover up cracks or chips in your teeth while protecting them from further damage. They are custom-made to be precisely the right size, shape, and color to blend in with existing teeth, so no one knows you have a crown. With advanced technology, same-day crowns are available.
Veneers are incredibly thin porcelain overlays attached to the front of your teeth to hide imperfections and create a more consistent and visually appealing look. Veneers ensure your teeth match in color or shape and fill in uneven gaps.
Over time, your teeth can become dull, stained, or discolored from the foods and drinks you consume. Over-the-counter tooth whitening kits are not always enough to create the desired change. Professional tooth whitening can help you achieve brighter, whiter teeth and remove stains.
Even when you brush and floss daily, bits of plaque and tartar can be left behind. Regular teeth cleanings remove this buildup to help prevent cavities and gum disease. Routine cleanings can identify other issues that may affect your oral health; plus, they can keep your teeth healthier and brighter.
Other Cosmetic Dental Treatments
Dr. Q may also recommend other cosmetic dental treatments to help you achieve the smile of your dreams. These treatments can work hand-in-hand with other procedures for more comprehensive and long-lasting results.
Maintaining Your Results
In order to keep your new smile looking its best, be sure to schedule regular cleanings and exams with your dentist and brush and floss at home daily.
- Food and Drinks to Limit or Avoid: There are a variety of foods and beverages that have the potential to stain or dull your teeth. To protect your teeth, you should consume these foods in moderation. These include coffee, tea, soda, red wine, dark berries, curry, or soy sauce. Make sure to brush afterward.
- Additional Precautions: Activities such as brushing with abrasive toothpaste, grinding your teeth, or biting on hard objects such as pens or bottle caps can also damage your teeth.
Increase Your Confidence with a Smile Makeover
Your smile should make you feel amazing about the way you look. Now is the time to revamp your smile and address any imperfections or things you want to change. At Dr. Q Dental, we partner with patients like you and referring doctors in Monrovia, Sierra Madre, and the surrounding areas to develop a customized smile makeover plan that fits your needs.
Contact Dr. Q Dental at (626) 599-9819 to explore your options.