Choosing a dentist can be a very personal decision. This isn’t just someone you’re going to buy groceries from but the person you’re entrusting with a huge part of your identity – your smile. If you’re looking for a new dentist in Monrovia, you’ve probably discovered the search can be overwhelming. It’s great to have choices, but with so many, how do you choose the one that’s best for you?
At Dr. Q Dental, we pride ourselves on not just providing superior dental care but in offering a more personal approach to care. Of course, we would consider it a privilege to be chosen as your new dentist, but before you choose, you owe it to yourself to ask questions. After all, the most important thing in choosing a new dentist is finding one you feel at home with.
Getting a Good Feel for Your Prospective Dentist
Monrovia residents have a wide variety of options for dental care. A quick search on Google will make it clear you need more criteria to help thin the herd. Of course a good place to start is with your friends and family – they can recommend a dentist based on their personal experience – but beyond that, here are some questions you might want to ask before making your final decision:
- Is the dentist accepting new patients? If not, cross them off and continue.
- Do they accept your insurance? Dental care costs can add up quickly, but choosing a dentist whose services are covered under your plan will help substantially.
- What do basic procedures like cleaning, X-rays, cavities, etc. cost?
- How long does it take to get an appointment and will you be charged for missed appointments?
- What sort of emergency dental services do they offer?
- If you have special circumstances, such as autism, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, and physical handicaps, ask if the dentist can accommodate them.
- If you have children, ask what, if anything, the office does differently for kids.
- If you have any sort of dental phobias, ask how they can help you feel more comfortable.
Beyond these things, you probably want a care provider who will do more than just take your money and send you on your way. At Dr. Q Dental, we build relationships with our patients, because it helps us provide better service, yes, but also because we genuinely care about the well-being of each person who walks in our door.