Veneers are layers of material, placed over a Monrovia patient’s tooth to improve the aesthetics of a smile and also protect the surface of the tooth from damage. Some of them are custom-made to the contour of your teeth and are glued to the enamel of your tooth during a quick dental procedure. Veneers are a less intrusive alternative to braces, and can also be used to close tooth gaps and correct little misalignments. Dental veneers can provide you with a temporary/permanent cosmetic solution to strengthen your smile or correct dental issues like chips, discoloration & fractures or enhance your tooth’s brightness. Depending on your needs, you can choose either the press-on or porcelain veneers to enjoy temporary or permanent benefits respectively. Weighing the pros and cons of both types can help you choose the right one.
Press-on veneers, sometimes called snap-on/clip-on veneers are a cost-effective way of achieving the look of dental veneers without having the work done. They are designed for Monrovia patients with missing, crooked, damaged or discolored teeth and do not require any preparatory work. By simply placing the clip over your existing teeth, you can transform your smile. These types of veneers, however, have certain limitations, especially when compared to the more permanent porcelain veneers. Some of them include;
- With press-on veneers, you are unlikely to get a precise impression for your teeth, which can produce unsatisfactory results. Even when you have a good impression, press-on veneers can cause great discomfort to your teeth, especially when it has extra/missing materials near your gum which can affect comfort and fit.
- Press-on veneers are thinner and lighter than porcelain veneers, making them prone to breakage.
- They conceal and compound underlying dental issues like gum disease or damaged teeth which require dental assistance.
- It is a temporary solution for Monrovia patients which needs to be removed before you sleep and can be a chore to care for properly.
Porcelain veneers are a more permanent cosmetic option for Monrovia patients with tooth cracks and other imperfections like chipped/cracked tooth, tooth discoloration or poorly shaped/sized teeth. They are made of porcelain, which provides toughness, translucence, and strength relative to press-on veneers. They are also not known to cause any sort of discomfort to patients because the process involves taking the exact impressions of your teeth so that they fit properly. Other benefits of porcelain veneers over press-on include;
- Porcelain veneers are made to match your natural tooth color
- The veneers are handcrafted to fit every one of your teeth
- Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant, unlike press-on veneers.
- If well maintained, porcelain veneers can serve you for up to 30 years.
- Porcelain veneers are an efficient and effective means of dealing with teeth imperfections.
- They do not compound underlying dental issues because those are usually treated before a porcelain veneer is installed.
- You can enjoy sleeping without worrying about taking them out. They also do not require any tasking chore to be properly cared for.
Where Can Monrovia Patients Get Porcelain Veneers?
When it comes to the skills and artistry required to customize porcelain veneers for patients in Monrovia, you can count on Dr. Q to help you create that confident, beautiful and natural smile. Contact Dr. Q Dental now to schedule an appointment by calling (626) 599-9819 today, for a professional porcelain veneer procedure.