If you’re looking for a general family dentist, Monrovia patients absolutely love how gentle and attentive Dr. Q is. In fact, we’ve built our entire practice by making every single one of our patients feel comfortable from the moment they walk through the door. Whether you need to set up regular appointments and cleanings for you and your family or if you’re tired of having pain and sensitivity in your teeth, give us a call today at (626) 599-9819.
Dr. Q offers comprehensive general dentistry services including sedation dentistry, preventative cleanings, dental surgery, along with cosmetic procedures like laser whitening, veneers, implants and much more. On top of that, Dr. Q has become known for her gentle touch and her attentiveness to her patients’ needs. We pride ourselves in our ability to listen to our patients and then earn their trust by being open and honest. If you’re ready to experience a brand new method of general dentistry, then give us a call today at (626) 599-9819. Also, be sure to check out our Review Page to see what our Monrovia patients have said about their experience with Dr. Q.
What is a General Family Dentist?
Monrovia patients can access a wide range of dental specialists, but when most people think about going the dentist, they’re thinking of a general dentist. While the dental field is always developing new areas of focus and specialty, the general family dentist is the most common. As a general dentist, here are a few of the services and procedures that Dr. Q offers.
- Dental Prevention – The best way to keep your mouth healthy is to make sure that you don’t develop any oral health issues in the first place. Preventing cavities, gum disease, and other dental diseases are one of the main services that Dr. Q offers including regular cleanings, examinations, and x-rays. These types of simple, fast, and relatively painless procedures can help patients avoid the costly and often painful procedures like root canals.
- Dental Restoration – Of course, if your gums and teeth become infected or cracked, the general dentist will use restorative techniques to repair the damage. These types of procedures include cavity filling, root canals, bridges, crowns, and even dental implants.
- Dental Cosmetics – Cosmetic dentistry is an area of focus where dentists will help improve the overall appearance of your smile and your mouth. Whether it’s discolored and crooked teeth or an infected tooth that needs to be removed, Dr. Q uses cosmetic dental procedures like veneers, teeth whitening, Invisalign, crowns, and bridges to get your teeth looking the way you want.
- Dental Surgery – Another area of service Dr. Q offers as a general family dentist is surgical procedures. Performing biopsies on mouth growths is one of the most common surgeries we perform.
- Pediatric Dental Services – One of Dr. Q’s favorite parts of being a general family dentist is working with kids. We have specifically designed our office decor to help young patients feel at ease when they walk in. Dr. Q always takes the time to listen to her younger patients and earn their trust before doing any kind of work.
How to Become a General Family Dentist
Monrovia patients sometimes ask Dr. Q what the process and training is to become a general family dentist.
- Undergrad – The first step is to complete a four-year undergraduate college program to earn a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Get a DDS or DMD – Following the completion of an undergraduate degree, prospective dentists then have to complete another four years at an accredited dental school. When finished, they will have earned a Doctor of Dental Science (DDS) or a Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) degree. Both degrees are the same, the only difference is the name of the degree which can vary from school to school.
- Pass Tests – But once the new dentist has their DDS or DMD degree, they still have to pass federal and state tests. The federal tests is a written test while the state or regional test usually includes both a written and practical test. After the dentists have passed these tests, they’ll get a license to practice dentistry in that particular area and/or state.
- More Training – Some dentists choose to go on and get additional training in a specific area of interest to them instead of sticking to being a general family dentist.
Monrovia patients come to Dr. Q because of her gentle and supportive approach. We know that when you go to the dentist, you want to get in and out as quickly as possible and with as little discomfort as possible. That’ why when you schedule your appointments with Dr. Q, we always make sure to get you in to see the dentist exactly on time. Our modern and stylish decor make our customers feel like they’ve just walked into a friend’s house, and we offer the latest in sedation dentistry to make sure you’re comfortable.
Call our office in the Monrovia area today at (626) 599-9819 if you have any questions at all or to make your next appointment.