The dental field is packed with different kinds of specialists and highly focused services for all of your dental needs. But when most people think of their dentist, what they’re probably thinking about is a general dentist. Monrovia patients who are looking for a patient, attentive and world-class dentist should call Dr. Q today at (626) 599-9819. Dr. Q has built her practice from day one to focus 100% on the comfort of every single one of our patients.
From fillings and cleanings to pediatric dentistry, root canals, and cosmetic dentistry, Dr. Q does it all with the kind of gentle care our patients have come to love. We specifically crafted our modern offices to make our patients feel like they’re walking into a friend’s home. When you schedule an appointment with us, you can rest assured that we will get you in to see the doctor at your specified time. We offer the latest in sedation dentistry to make sure that you’re always comfortable. Give us a call at (626) 599-9819 to learn more and make sure you take a moment to look at a few of our incredible patient reviews on our Review Page.
What Services Can I Get from a General Dentist?
Monrovia patients can call Dr. Q to set up an appointment for a huge range of premium services, including:
- Prevention – They say that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. When it comes to dental health, that saying could not be more accurate. Prevention is probably the best way to make sure that you don’t develop serious dental issues and to find small problems early before they get worse. Preventative procedures include biannual cleanings, examinations, and x-rays. These sorts of measures can help you avoid costly and painful procedures like cavity fillings and root canals.
- Restoration – Once damage has been done to a tooth, a general dentist can not only repair it but also make sure that it looks good and matches the rest of your teeth. Cavity fillings, root canals, dental implants, dental bridges, crowns, and veneers are just a few of the procedures Dr. Q offers to help restore patients’ smiles.
- Cosmetics – Not every Monrovia patient a general dentist sees will need a cavity filling or a root canal. Sometimes patients just want to improve the way their teeth, gums, and smile look. For this kind of cosmetic work, Dr. Q offers laser teeth whitening, veneers (thin strips of porcelain that are laid over the outside of the teeth to improve their appearance), Invisalign, implants, and bridges. If you hold your lips shut when you smile or if you avoid speaking in conversations because of how your teeth look, call Dr. Q today.
- Surgery – As a general dentist, Monrovia patients can also come to Dr. Q for certain surgical procedures. Performing biopsies for oral growth is just one of the surgeries Dr. Q offers her patients.
- Pediatric Dentistry – Dr. Q is incredibly proud to provide all of our younger patients with a gentle, supportive, and comfortable experience. We work hard to earn the trust of our pediatric patients, and we always explain everything that we’re doing and why. We know that coming to the dentist isn’t something kids look forward to. But we always do our best to make children feel welcome and safe in our offices.
How Do You Become a General Dentist?
Monrovia patients, usually our younger ones, often ask about how they can become a dentist when they grow up. Becoming a dentist requires an extensive amount of schooling and passing rigorous exams.
- Undergrad – Like most other professions, general dentists go through an undergraduate program to get a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Dental School – The next step is to complete a four-year program at an accredited dental school. Once the program is complete, the prospective dentist will get a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or a Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) degree. The DDS and the DMD degrees are identical; only the title is different.
- National and State Tests – With their new DDS or DMD degree, dentists have two more tests to take before they can start practicing. The first is a written national exam. The second is a two-part state exam that includes a written and practical section. Once these tests are passed, the dentist gets a license to practice in that particular area and/or state.
- Further Schooling – Once a dentist has their license they can immediately start practicing dentistry–and the majority of them do. But some dentists choose to get further training in a particular area of focus instead of being a general dentist.
Monrovia patients looking for a new general dentist should call Dr. Q today at (626) 599-9819. Our patients love coming into our practice because we deliver prompt, gentle, top quality care. On top of the support care that we give, Dr. Q also bends over backward to help our patients who have dental emergencies. She will come in early and stay late to make sure that her patients get the help they need. Call us today to find out more!